Thursday, November 27, 2008

In Which Thanks Are Given

Serve the LORD with gladness: come before his presence with singing.... Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name.

-- Psalm 100:2, 4

ANYA: I love a ritual sacrifice.
BUFFY: It's not really a one of those.
ANYA: To commemorate a past event, you kill and eat an animal. It's a ritual sacrifice. With pie.

-- Buffy the Vampire Slayer, "Pangs" by Jane Espenson
A big electronic shout-out to my family in Chicago: I love you all, miss you all, and wish I could be there with you today.

To everyone else, I wish you a joyful Thanksgiving, however (and whether) you celebrate it, and whomever (and however) you give thanks.

As is true every year, I thank each and every one of you for reading. I know I always say this, but it's not just a ritual: it's quite sincere. I am thankful that you (all of you) take the time to come by and read what I have to say. It's an honor to have you visit; I hope you'll come back often.

1 comment:

Inanna said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and Sara and baby S-F. We celebrated Thanksgiving in part by watching "Pangs"!

"Still trying not to refer to you lot as bloody colonials..."