Saturday, November 29, 2008

Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog is Now Available for Preorder on DVD

A brief announcement: The DVD of Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog is now available for preorder on Amazon, with an estimated shipping date of December 19. (via)

Of course, you can watch it for free online if you watch some brief commercials... but the online version doesn't have the commentary, aka "Commentary! The Musical" which Joss Whedon describes thusly:
"Commentary! The Musical" is the most painstaking and exhausting piece of whimsey I have ever mistaken for a good idea. It has nearly twice as much music as Dr. Horrible itself -- since you can't really talk that much during a commentary musical or it sounds like a regular commentary. (Which we also have, with the stars and writers, plus making-of's, ELE applications, and a few items left lying around by a notorious Bunny...) I can say without hesitation that I hesitate to say it's great. And by great I mean ridiculous. It's sophmoric, solopsistic, silly and the most fun I've had being exhausted since the fabled Mushortio itself. And everyone sings beautifullly. Which enrages me. I a little bit hate my friends now.

As for the show itself, my comments are as follows: A) it's just as silly as you'd expect from the title; B) my wife and I have been singing it at each other for months; C) it's probably not for everyone; D) I'll be preordering a DVD post-haste.

Ok, announcement over. As you were.

No comments: