Tuesday, January 08, 2008

The Problem with Hope is You Get Crushed if It Fails

If Clinton wins tonight -- as of 9:05p.m. she's ahead with 28% reporting -- I'm going to be quite seriously depressed. Hell, I'm bummed that Obama didn't win in a blow-out as the polls this weekend suggested.

I surprise myself that I care quite this much. On some level they'd probably both be pretty decent candidates & presidents. But I'm feeling like I'm on an emotional roller-coaster.

And yeah, I know it's only one state. This isn't a rational reaction. I'd like to be more rational than this; but evidently I'm not. (I fear my emotions may be typical too: and that Obama's momentum will be seriously stalled even by only a narrow win, let a lone by a loss...)

...If, as is looking likely, Clinton wins tonight, then Dday is right about the possible upside to this. Even for Obama supporters, it's nice to see blowback against sexist and stupid media coverage.

...Congratulations to Senator Clinton on her New Hampshire victory.

No comments: